Thursday, September 13, 2007

At the CarManic

So I'm sitting here in the mechanic's lobby waiting for my left front wheel bearing ot be replaced, and I figure I should just go ahead and get away from my corporate email for a few minutes and actually put up a post.

Life/work has gotten crazy busy as of late. Lots of quarter-end projects starting up, I'm now responsible for all revenue reporting and analysis which means a ton to learn and alot more to do, the sr analyst I hired started this week so that's an additional person to be thinking about in terms of training and giving good learning opportunities to as well as trying to make the most of the resources we now have.

I just need a solid uninterrupted week to sort through everything and get back on top of the world. I remember feeling this way for about a solid 6 weeks when I first started here, and I think in alot of ways with the new responsibilities I have now I'm back in the "swimming with water up to my nose" mode and will be for a while.

But it's all good. The fam is great, the weather is beautiful, my mom comes into town for a few days tomorrow and that should be lots of fun. Ok back to work.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Oh btw Ian calls it the CarManic (instead of Mechanic)...thus the title of the post...

Dylan Todd said...

Oh. I thought maybe he was Bipolar.

;)

We had a downstairs neighbor who was Bipolar. We called him "the Bipolar Express."