Thursday, July 26, 2007

Giving M Ward a Run for his Money

Introducing Andrew Bird. How can I not have known about this guy until recently? And how can I have reacted slowly when I first heard his music? Every track on his latest, "Armchair Apocrypha" is a beautiful, textured, interesting, deep, moving, emotional wonderland. Love it. He's coming to Seattle on Sep 2....SUNDAY! WHY!

Here he is on Letterman, which is the only time we'll be seeing him for the forseeable (maybe he'll be on ACL this season...)

2 comments:

- said...

Good find. I really like the album, even though it kindof seems like a 45 minute song. I just wish there was a little more variety throughout.

Dylan Todd said...

I agree with Ben. It's good, but a little tiresome. It plays real well on shuffle. NPR's All Songs Considered podcast had a live show posted a few weeks back.

Yr welcome.